As evident from his interview-series with Latour, Serres foresaw wikipedia, which was traced out with the following words: No doubt, the information age will someday bring us an encliquopedia!
In honor of that fine tracing from the late Eighties, I bring you the definition of trace/to trace from wiktionary
- An act of tracing.
- Your cell phone company can put a trace on your line.
- A mark left as a sign of passage of a person or animal.
- A very small amount.
- (electronics) An electric current-carrying conductive pathway on a printed circuit board.
- An informal road or prominent path in an arid area.
- (mathematics) The sum of the diagonal elements of a square matrix
Apparently, some of this meanings will be very fruitful in the coming demonstrations.